The Chief Engineer position is a highly professional engineering and administrative performance job. The Chief Engineer will provide oversight of all the Engineering Divisions. Duties may include supervision of professional and technical personnel engaged in the review and evaluation of new technologies; in the development of basic design data and project scopes of work; in the design, specification, and procurement of equipment and services; and in the management of contracts, construction projects, start-up and operations. Regularly would interact with Professional Services Consultants.
1. Supervision of the Federal-Aid Office of Highway Engineering, the Division of Engineering (Local) and the Capital Improvement Projects Division and all disaster-related regardless of funding source.
2. Assist in obtaining all resources needed to carry out the performance of Programs & Project of the Department.
3. Review and evaluate proposals and bids submitted by engineering consultants and contractors.
4. Act as a liaison of the DPW with other Government agencies for the development and execution of capital programs & projects.
5. Assist in budget preparation for the Engineering and Operation Divisions as required.
6. Attend and conduct public hearings, senate hearings, and town meetings to present projects.
7. Liaison with regulatory and other agencies to obtain permits, certifications, and funding to respond to requests for information and services, complaints, and notices of violations.
8. Assist the Commissioner in executing policies of the Administration with views and procedures set.
9. Perform supervision on the design of roads, buildings and other related engineering work.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Master’s degree in civil engineering (preferred) or related field and ten (10) years of engineering experience;
Bachelor’s Degree in any area within the line of the above field with ten (10) years of engineering experience of which three (3) years should be as Director of Engineering Division.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae (cv) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submittals is March 30, 2020; however, this position will remain open until filled.