Develops, analyzes, executes and maintains budgets and accounting records which are used to allocate current resources and estimate future financial needs. Perform timely review of expenditures in preparation of Federal draw requests.
• Collaborate with assigned sub-recipients to review disaster program awards and develop expense and revenue account structures necessary to facilitate eligible expenditures.
• Prepare request letters for the Department of Finance to establish required expense and revenue accounts and submit to Deputy Director of Administration and Finance for approval.
• Assist sub-recipients with the preparation of disaster program budget forms.
• Prepare OMB budget forms to establish expenses and revenue budgets in the Enterprise Planning Resource (ERP) System in conformance with established procedures, regulations, and objectives of Local and Federal awards.
• Prepare consolidated reports of assigned sub-recipient local and Federal budgets and expenditures to provide a comprehensive financial summary for use by senior management for effective and efficient decision making.
• Track the status and availability of funds in disaster program accounts.
• Monitor budgets by reviewing reports and accounting records to determine if allocated funds have been spent as specified and if reallocations are required.
• Prepare requests for budget adjustments and allotment reallocations and submit to management for approval prior to submission to the Office of Management and Budget.
• Review assigned sub-recipient expenditures and reimbursement requests to determine if costs incurred were in support of eligible expenses.
• Perform any other duties assigned to support the division.
• Knowledge of office methods, practices, routines, and equipment.
• Knowledge of or ability to acquire knowledge of USVI laws, rules, and regulations governing the operation of a territorial system of accounts and their application to specific situations.
• Knowledge of principles, methods, techniques of financial management and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Knowledge of the preparation of involved and detailed accounting and other financial reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
A. Preferred Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Statistics or any closely related field; with a minimum of 9 credits in accounting and three years of professional accounting experience.
B. Minimum Qualifications:
1. Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Statistics or any closely related field; with a minimum of 9 credits in accounting and five years of professional accounting experience.
2. High School Diploma AND ten (10) years’ experience in budgeting, accounting, and/or finance-related fields may be substituted for formal higher education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae (cv)