Assists the Disaster Program Supervisor by performing and coordinating administrative support services for the disaster program and performing other related duties.
- Act as a principal assistant on administrative matters relating to disaster programs.
- Maintains liaison with other organizational units providing support services such as data processing, accounting, purchasing, printing, and personnel.
- Collects data for and assists in the preparation of administrative aspects of the disaster program budget requests.
- Investigates administrative problems and makes recommendations for solutions.
- May assist in planning and implementing administrative improvements including organizational changes and work systems.
- Answering phone inquiries, directing calls, and providing basic company information
- Comfortable performing clerical duties, taking memos, maintaining files, and organizing documents. Photocopying, faxing, collating, etc., as needed.
- Arranges travel, accommodation, itineraries, and all correspondence related to arrangements as needed.
- Plans/organizes and implements events such as meetings, business luncheons, or client dinners
- Manages executive schedule and acts as a liaison for the executive team
- Prepares reports, presentations, and data, as well as maintaining files, records, and correspondence for meetings
- Handles confidential information; organizes and maintains files
- Prepares information and research for executive needs.
- Perform any other duties assigned to support the division.
- Knowledge of principles, procedures, and problems of fiscal management and their adaptation to the department.
- Knowledge of government budget and administrative practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of office management principles, procedures, and techniques and their adaptation.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
A. Preferred Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Statistics or any closely related field; and three years of professional experience dealing with personnel, procurement and budgetary matters
B. Minimum Qualifications:
1. Associate’s Degree and three (3) years of administrative experience in a business or government agency with responsibility for assisting in the direction and or coordination of personnel, office administration, fiscal affairs and other support services. Problem-solving ability and advanced MS office experience.
2. High School Diploma AND ten (5) years of administrative experience in a business or government agency with responsibility for assisting in the direction and/or coordination of personnel, fiscal affairs, office administration, and other support services.