Assists the Disaster Program Supervisor by performing and coordinating administrative support services for
the disaster program and performing other related duties.
• Act as a principal assistant on administrative matters relating to the disaster programs.
• Maintains liaison with other organizational units providing support services such as data processing, accounting, purchasing, printing, and personnel.
• Collects data for and assists in preparation of administrative aspects of the disaster program budget requests.
• Investigates administrative problems and makes recommendations for solutions.
• May assist in planning and implementing administrative improvements, including organizational changes and work systems.
• Answering phone inquiries, directing calls, and providing necessary company information
• Comfortable performing clerical duties, taking memos, maintaining files, and organizing documents. Photocopying, faxing, collating, etc., as needed.
• Arranges travel, accommodation, itineraries, and all correspondence related to arrangements as needed.
• Manages executive schedule and acts as a liaison for the executive team.
• Prepares reports, presentations, and data, as well as maintaining files, records, and correspondence for meetings.
• Handles confidential information; organizes and maintains files.
• Develops data and research for executive needs.
• Perform any other duties assigned to support the division.
• Knowledge of principles, procedures, and problems of fiscal management.
• Knowledge of government budget and administrative practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of office management principles, procedures, and techniques and their adaptation.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
A. Preferred Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Statistics or any closely related field; and three years of professional experience dealing with personnel, procurement, and budgetary matters.
B. Minimum Qualifications:
1. Associate Degree and three (3) years of administrative experience in a business or government agency with responsibility for assisting in the direction and or coordination of personnel, office administration, fiscal affairs, and other support services. Problem-solving ability and advance MS office experience.
2. High School Diploma and five (5) years of administrative experience in a business or government agency with responsibility for assisting in the direction and/or coordination of personnel, fiscal affairs, office administration, and other support services.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae (cv) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.