Performs a variety of supervisory duties, including ensuring direct reports are developing, analyzing, executing and maintaining program budgets and accounting records. Ensure timely review of expenditures are conducted in an effort to coordinate the preparation of Federal draw requests and revenue receipts postings in compliance with the Cash Management Improvement Act and Federal grant awards. Travel to other departments/agencies and inter-island travel may be required.
- Manage a team of Account Specialists.
- Distributes and schedules work assignments to staff and reviews completed work for accuracy.
- Perform reviews of sub-recipient chart of accounts and disaster grant awards to determine if relevant account structures are requested.
- Prepare request letters for the Department of Finance to establish required expense and revenue accounts and submit to the Deputy Directors of Grants & Administration and Finance for approval.
- Perform reviews of budget forms to establish expenses and revenue budgets in the Enterprise Planning Resource (ERP) System in conformance with established procedures, regulations, and objective of Local and Federal awards and submit to the Deputy Directors of Grants & Administration and Finance for approval prior to transmission to the Office of Management and Budget
- Consolidate local and Federal share budgets and expenditures to provide a comprehensive disaster program financial summary for use by senior management for effective and efficient decision making.
- Inform program managers and other senior managers of the status and availability of funds in accounts.
- Monitor budgets by reviewing reports and accounting records to determine if allocated funds have been spent as specified and if reallocations are required.
- Maintain access certifications to the various federal payment system.
- Runs expenditure reports for the purposes of coordinating timely draw down of Federal funds.
- Audit federal draw requests and perform requested draws.
- Obtain specific draw confirmations and other required draw information and post transactions in the Accounts Receivable Module of the ERP. Run and print AR proof report and perform reconciliations of revenue accounts to draw requests to determine accuracy of posting prior to submission to Department of Finance and Treasury.
- Prepare and process electronic FEMA quarterly reports.
- Perform any other duties assigned to support disaster grant program activities.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge of principles, methods, techniques of financial management.
Knowledge of the preparation of involved and detailed accounting and other financial reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
Must have excellent mathematical skills.
Must be deadline and detail-oriented.
Must exhibit professional maturity when conducting all business for the agency.
Must be skilled in computer applications to include Microsoft Word, Excel, internet, Email and able to acquire proficiency with the ERP system including the Accounts Receivables and GL Modules.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Statistics or any closely related field; with a minimum of 12 credits in accounting and four years of professional accounting experience.
Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Statistics or any closely related field; with a minimum of 12 credits in accounting and six years of professional accounting experience.
High School Diploma AND ten (10) years’ experience in budgeting, accounting, and/or finance related fields may be substituted for formal higher education.