Venue: Webinar Event Date: Mar 26, 2021 11:00 - Mar 26, 2021 13:00
Location: St. Croix St. John St. Thomas Water Island Virtual
for a Healthy & Resilient Territory:
Utilizing Walkability to Support
Workplace Safety and Increase Foot Traffic
The USVI Department of Health along with the US VI Walkability Institute and the UVICELL’s Safety in Paradise will host a webinar this Friday, March 26, 2021 beginning at 11:00 a.m. AST.
The webinar will discuss how as a business you can bridge the gap between safety and walkability.
At the end of the webinar, the audience will have a better understanding of
- OSHA’s rule Walking-Working surface and Fall protection standards.
- Preventative measures to reduce incidents,
- The financial impact from injury to the employer.
- The need to increase physical activity.
- As an employer, how to design and create a safe environment to accommodate bikes, pedestrians walk from parking area to a building safely.
- The need to implement a complete streets policy.
Who Should Attend?
- Small Business owners
- School administrators
- Community organizations (Religious, non-profit)
- Construction, developers, architects
- Government planners and engineers