Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility
  • What is Federal Consistency?
  • What are “Emergency” Repairs?

    FEMA Category B projects are referred to as Emergency Protective Measures.

    These projects execute temporary emergency repair or stabilization of an eligible facility in order to eliminate or lessen an immediate threat.


  • What is an UEI number?

    By April of 2022, the federal government will stop using the DUNS number to uniquely identify entities. At that point, entities doing business with the federal government will use a Unique Entity Identifier (SAM) created in They will no longer have to go to a third-party website to obtain their identifier. This transition allows the government to streamline the entity identification and validation process, making it easier and less burdensome for entities to do business with the federal government.


    Read more HERE

  • What does expended mean?

    Expended is the amount of available funds actually spent to accomplish the deliverables of a project.

  • What does obligated mean?

    An obligation is a binding agreement tied to award funding by the US government, which would result in outlay (money available to spend) in the immediate or near future. Obligations may cover the full immediate project cost or maybe phased in based on additional requirements needed for future project review.

  • What does allocated mean?

    Allocated is the assignment of appropriated funds to specific states, territories, tribes or local units of government.  It is the amount of funding set aside for specific projects/goals in advance of federal obligations.

  • Who can I Contact to Report Fraud, Abuse and Waste?

    The Office of Inspector General (OIG) Hotline is a resource for Federal employees and the public to report allegations of employee corruption, civil rights and civil liberties abuses, program fraud and financial crimes, and miscellaneous criminal and non-criminal activity associated with waste, abuse or fraud affecting the programs and operations of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

  • Why was the ODR Created?

    The ODR was created to serve as the center of coordination for the anticipated $8 billion of federal funding over the next few years to support recovery efforts from the 2017 Hurricanes Irma and Maria.

  • Who can Apply for Community Development Block Grants?

    Registered non-profits or faith-based organizations in good standing and government entities can apply. The applicants must have a valid Tax Identification Number (TIN) and a Dun & Bradstreet registration number (DUNS#).  Instructions for requesting a DUNS# is included with the CDBG application.

  • What Types of Projects and Activities can be Funded by Community Development Block Grants (CDBG)?

    In order to be eligible for funding, a project must include one or more of the activities listed below:

    • Acquisition of real property in conjunction with an eligible use such as the development of a community facility;
    • Construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, or installation of public facilities and improvements;
    • Clearance, demolition, and removal of buildings and improvements;
    • Provision of public services (including labor, supplies and materials) directed toward improving the community\’s living environment, including but not limited to those public services and facilities concerned with employment, crime prevention, child care, health, drug abuse treatment or prevention, education, fair housing counseling, energy conservation or recreation needs;
    • Repair of streets, sidewalks, parks, playgrounds, publicly-owned utilities, and public facilities, special garbage, trash and debris removal in areas exhibiting signs of physical deterioration or in order to eliminate emergency conditions;
    • Removal of architectural barriers;
    • Acquisition, construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation or installation of the distribution lines and facilities of privately owned utilities;
    • Rehabilitation of privately owned buildings for residential purposes, improvements to the exterior of commercial or industrial buildings or the rehabilitation, preservation or restoration of historic properties;
    • Acquisition, construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation or installation of commercial or industrial buildings, structures or the provision of assistance for for-profit businesses;
    • Planning, survey, or development of architectural plans in conjunction with an eligible project such as construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, or installation of public facilities and improvements or repair of streets, sidewalks, parks, playgrounds, publicly-owned utilities