Under general supervision from the Disaster Program Supervisor, monitors the recovery of public infrastructure funded by disaster programs. Performs a variety of duties, including project monitoring and providing timely, informative customer service to disaster program sub-recipients.
▪ Monitor the progress of awarded projects through various means, including on-site inspections.
▪ Monitor the disaster program database in an effort to track progress of awards.
▪ Ensure that projects are completed according the approved Scope of Work.
▪ Determine the need for time extensions and ensure submittal by sub-recipient within the appropriate timelines.
▪ Ensure that sub-recipients submit required quarterly reports by the designated deadline and review reports for correctness and accuracy.
▪ Prepare consolidated reports which provide a snapshot of sub-recipient progress with awarded projects.
▪ Manage the flow of information through tracking, monitoring and reporting of programmatic activities.
▪ Coordinate meetings/conference calls with sub-recipients regarding program issues
▪ Provide sub-recipient with technical assistance on the disaster program, including clear, concise written analysis of programmatic issues which communicate facts and recommendations.
▪ Provide timely response to sub-recipient inquiries and requests.
▪ Provide supervisors with analysis and recommendations pertaining to programmatic issues.
▪ Draft correspondence to the sub-recipient and/or the grantor agency regarding various issues pertaining to assigned projects, including time extensions, changes in scope of work, and requests for additional funding.
▪ Familiarity with disaster program requirements and eligibility criteria.
▪ Any other duties assigned to support the division.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
▪ Knowledge of office methods, practices, routines, and equipment.
▪ Knowledge of or ability to acquire knowledge of USVI laws, rules, and regulations
▪ Knowledge of or ability to acquire knowledge of Federal program policy and guidelines
▪ Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills including professional and appropriate verbal communication.
▪ Must be deadline and detail-oriented.
▪ Must exhibit professional maturity when conducting all business for the agency.
▪ Must be skilled in computer applications to include Microsoft Word, Excel, internet, and e-mail.
▪ Must be skilled in general office equipment such as telephone, fax, printers, copiers, calculators, and computers.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
A. Preferred Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s Degree AND two years of experience in emergency management, financial management, environmental analysis or planning, engineering, legislative affairs, urban planning and/or related field.
2. Additional qualifying experience will substitute, year for year, for the education requirement. A Master’s or Ph.D. degree will substitute for one year of the experience requirement.
B. Minimum Qualifications:
1. High School Diploma AND two years of experience as a Program Specialist, Project Monitor, Project Coordinator, or related position. Three to five years of customer service experience
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae (cv) by e-mail to [email protected]