Assists with portfolio management of disaster recovery projects. Develop, assess, monitor, and review disaster recovery projects/programs administered by sub-recipients and provide assistance to help move projects from start to finish by coordinating information, data analysis and contributing to the overall project performance.
1. Provide technical assistance to recipients/sub-recipients regarding program operations, including grants management, program planning, and interpretation and analysis of regulations, policies, and procedures;
2. Manage and monitor the implementation of all VIHFA Community Development Block Grant-Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR), Public Assistance (PA), FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP), and other federally funded – disaster recovery-related projects for quality assurance, accuracy, and completeness.
3. Conduct and/or assist in conducting workshops to guide program stakeholders regarding program requirements, policies, and procedures;
4. Compile data and prepare reports regarding the activities and operations of all VIHFA Community Development Block Grant-Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR), Public Assistance (PA), FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP), and other federally funded projects related to disaster recovery;
5. Inspect program/project operations to ensure adherence to program objectives; document and report all discrepancies and make suggestions regarding proposed, technical improvements;
6. Coordinate with stakeholders and consultants, conduct internal meetings, and streamline the overall project, with the primary aim of keeping all VIHFA Community Development Block Grant-Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR), Public Assistance (PA), FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP), and other federally funded- disaster recovery-related projects on schedule.
7. Support project management phases such as planning, execution and result monitoring
8. Research resource availability applicable to projects’ scope
9. Coordinate with Financial Analysts to ensure programs/projects are managed within budget;
10. Assist the ODR Director, Deputy Director- Compliance and Finance, and Deputy Director- Project Management in the development of policies and procedures to fulfill grant accounting and compliance requirements.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
A. Education level:
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Project Management, Business, or another related degree program.
B. Level of experience in a related field:
1. 5+ years of project management or related management
2. An equivalent combination of education and experience
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae (cv)